Toast Team Games Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im confused.

3 posters

Go down

Im confused. Empty Im confused.

Post by Wasserman Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi I just found your blog and got real excited but I was also very confused. You didnt list any details about the game like whether it was a rom hack or a pc game or what. Please help.

I think everyone would prefer a GBA rom hack instead of a PC game, so we can bring it around everywhere and what not. Thanks.
Wasserman
Wasserman

Back to top Go down

Im confused. Empty Re: Im confused.

Post by Minato Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:45 pm

A GBA Rom hack would be near impossible for us. If you meant hacking a game we definitely couldn't do that. We're using Game Maker to create this. The only thing I don't recall game maker for is for Macs. So if you aren't using a Mac, I'm pretty sure you could play this when it's released.
Minato
Minato
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gBev Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:09 am

I'm actually glad you posted this. I added a short paragraph on the sidebar explaining some general information to avoid further confusion.
gBev
gBev

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasserman Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:45 am

Inu wrote:A GBA Rom hack would be near impossible for us. If you meant hacking a game we definitely couldn't do that. We're using Game Maker to create this. The only thing I don't recall game maker for is for Macs. So if you aren't using a Mac, I'm pretty sure you could play this when it's released.

Why would a GBA hack or a SNES hack be near impossible? That is in fact what everyone wants, a team to pick up where Tomato left off with his EB0 remake using either the Earthbound SNES rom of the Mother 1+2 GBA rom.

If you need more talent, then lets get more talent...more funding then lets get more funding. But Tomato himself has expressed interest in someday completing the original project which would just invalidate this project altogether. Unless of course someone completed his project for him. I feel VERY strongly about this project and was going to form a new group for it myself...hopefully something can be worked out.
Wasserman
Wasserman

Back to top Go down

Post by gBev Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:17 pm

First off, we aren't asking anyone for money, so don't get that idea.

Second, your request is a little under-researched. You say a SNES or GBA Hack would be best. A SNES Hack wouldn't even be Mother 3-style, and Tomato himself proved that it is near impossible due to the limitations of the current map editor. A GBA Hack of this magnitude is not possible with any current technology, again those are the words of Tomato, and he knows a lot about the Mother 3 ROM, a Mother 1+2 Hack is also impossible at this time. He has said that only in-game sprites are changeable and possibly come Main Character sprites. That's not what you want, is it? Also, in response to your first post, we can 'bring it around everywhere' no matter what format it's in, and it would probably be easier with a .exe then a GBA ROM.

I'm locking this because it's almost starting to seem like a complaint from you. If you want to help us then use the work application topic.
gBev
gBev

Back to top Go down

Post by Minato Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 pm

I couldn't put it any better than that gBev Very Happy
Minato
Minato
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down